Wednesday 11 November 2020

London Scenes The book takes shape.

 

My biblionautic chums and friends.
 
A commission for The Clothworkers' Company........ founded in 1528. 
 
London Scenes.
 
With the text block now attached to the binding is complete. The true form, shape if you will, is in relation to the function and the design. Talking of the design... I was inspired by the wood engravings in the text block. If, my dear reader you are interested.... I encourage you could look up.... London Scenes. The Whittington Press 2001. Wood engravings by Hellmuth Weissenborn. Then I hope all will come together.
Just a box to make for it, a box for the accompanying portfolio of prints and another box to house the two. So, in theory I am only one third of the way through this particular commission.
 
Please follow the link at the bottom of this post for a short film of the final binding.
 
Please note there are other ways of doing things, binding styles and opinions..... spelling and grammar. Please further note, the opinion of the author may change at any moment. This is due to having an open mind... of sorts.....

No comments: