Wednesday 18 August 2021

THE GREATEST ROCKS ON.

 

My biblionautic chums and friends.
A busy 5 or so weeks now that C19 restrictions are easing.
A chance to resume the residential workshops at Flatford Mill was most welcome.
Perhaps one of the most iconic of all English painting greated me each morning. I refer to Constable's The Hay Wain.... What a start to the day and this was before breackfast....
Perhaps an other icon too? Breackfast at Flatford Mill.
 
Back in Studio 5 much has been happening. I would love to share with you but... Well, for the first time in many years I have entered a competition. It is with no false modesty that I say that my offering will not be in the running, as it will not. I was sort of expected to enter as the Competition is an international competition of Designer Bookbinders... Of which I am a Fellow. I have no choice. One of the rules of entry is that no images are posted on social media sights and the like... When the time is right I will post.. promise.
Frm the icons of The Hay Wain to Breackfast it would only be correct to finish with another Icon. In fact part of the Icon Series.. Muhammad Ali.
A little practice stencil work before going onto the book for real....

Please note there are other paintings, breakfasts, icons, book arts studios, opinions..... spelling and grammar. Please further note, the opinion of the author may change at any moment. This is due to having an open mind of sorts.

No comments: