Wednesday 17 April 2024

A new book.... How do I start...

 

My biblionautic chums and friends.

Today has found me doing a little lino cutting and printing for a new book. I was recently asked how I start one of my complete or artist's books. To be honest it starts by indulging my likes. For example... I have a modest collection of Tart Cards, you know.. those post card adverts for services that one finds in telephone boxes. It is a long story as to how I have a modest collection, let us just say I have a modest collection. I have always had a serious like for Pop Art, so important for me as it is the first art genre that I understood and felt related to the way I work and appreciate things. Finally, I have always enjoyed the art work and characters of the early comic book super heroes.


So by combining the 3 I have my subject material for my next book...... No title as yet and only the first pull done but I am happy and I feel that the book will be funny and tongue in cheek!


Please note.... there are other studios/binderies/ doing stuff, spelling and grammar. Please further note, the opinion of the author may change at any moment. This is due to having an open mind of sorts




And there you have the first pull/proof of my P.V.C. Super Man

No comments: