Friday 2 August 2019

Shanghai.A first time for me...

A while ago I was invited to teach in Shanghai by the Purple Heron Cultural and Media Co. Ltd at the University of Shanghai Science and Technology, college of Communication and Art Design. I was pleased to have been asked.. delighted even and with a few days to go, on being asked if I would like to appointed to the position of Special Researcher of the USST Purple Heron Bookbinding Design and Research Center, I was in a different place... A happy place.

Shanghai is many different things to different people, I went with an open mind. Though I have been visiting and working in South East Asia for nearly 30 years this trip would be the first time I had been to main land China. For more information about The Republic of China may I suggest that you may wish to follow this LINK  to the Wikipedia site (Yes, I do contribute)

There were two main reasons for me being there, first to teach at the University and second to give a pop up talk, demo, workshop and exhibition.. all in one place in the matter of 3 hours... cripes..

First a few links ...

恺蒂︱从《发条橙》到《备用计划》:科克拉姆的装帧艺术

书籍装帧师:如何制作烫金书封?

草鹭工坊 | 跟着Mark Cockram定制烫金笔记本

上观 | 让书变得“好看”,就是设计一个好看的封面?图书设计,是时候改变思路了!

Purple Heron

More tomorrow.

No comments: