Tuesday 17 September 2024

Booker Prize 2024. Stone Yard Devotional by Charlotte Wood.

 

My biblionautic chums and friends.
Booker Time.
Now that the Booker 2024 Short List is out.....
I can reveal that my Booker Book is Stone Yard Devotional by Charlotte Wood.
The specially printed sheets will be arriving soon but I have my reading copy.....
One of the highlights of the annual Booker Prize season comes when each of the shortlisted authors is presented with a unique, hand-bound edition of their nominated works. These one-of-a-kind books are made and designed between the shortlist announcement and winner ceremony. From folding the specially printed sheets into sections, each book is the result of around 150 hours of dedicated work and the process, which involves at least 25 distinct stages. What would normally take months is condensed in to weeks, this year I have 6 week!
I will be posting on progress over the next 6 or so weeks.
Please note.... there are other studios/binderies doing stuff, spelling and grammar. Please further note, the opinion of the author may change at any moment. This is due to having an open mind of sorts.
 

 
 
 

No comments: