Wednesday 13 October 2010

Man Booker Binding, the morning after....


Having managed to traverse London, I arrived at the Guildhall. As usual I faced the now normal routine of the door men not believing I was a not a guest and that I had to get a book on display before the big names arrived...... Why.
In any case I was 'Allowed' in and got my book set up along with the other bindings. All good.

I was introduced to Peter Carey, a nice bloke, very relaxed and fun. Met some people from the Australian Embassy or Consulate, again very nice people. I had Champagne.... all night.......



The winner was announced .... drum roll .. Howard Jacobson for his book 'The Finkler Question' His first time on the short list.
The cameras were primed, the journalists at the typewriters, all that was needed was Howard Jacobson, then I could go home.


The man himself... winner of the 2010 Man Booker Prize.

No comments: