Monday 11 October 2010

Man Booker Binding, Parrot and Olivier in America. Dusting down the old Dinner Jacket.

Having found my Dinner Jacket (tucked away in the darkest region of my wardrobe) and all the other bits and bobs that go with a Black Tie event, I begin to plan for the presentation tomorrow evening (Tuesday, 12th of October)

The evening starts with a reception at 6.30pm (Champagne) Where my binding along with the five others will be on display. We then move on to the Dinner at 7.30pm (Food with red and white wine) I will have to be on my best behaviour as I will be on the same table as Peter Carey, the author of Parrot and Olivier in America, thus I may be seen on the television! During the meal the 6 finalists are introduced to the gathering and their specially bound book is presented to them.

The winner will be announced at 9.45pm, this will be broadcast on BBC News across television, radio and online.

After that there is a post award reception sort of thing with more wine....


Carriages at 11.30pm... Wish me luck.

I will try to take some pictures of the evening...

No comments: