Sunday 27 December 2020

TINTIN... A short film as work continues.

My biblionautic chums and friends. WIP.
Pared fair calf (down to 0.4mm) for the binding of TINTIN. Dyed and fixed with water based dyes.
The true beauty of dying one's leather is to extend the range of colours one can use. Though the leather tanners and suppliers do have many leathers, calf etc, in many different colours, I find that I prefer to dye my leathers etc to attain the colour I want. In short to expand on the options.. to extend my palette.
Please note there are other ways of doing things, covering materials, methods of adding colour to fair calf and other covering materials along with opinions..... spelling and grammar. Please further note, the opinion of the author may change at any moment. This is due to having an open mind... of sorts....


 A short film of TINTIN, work in progress 

No comments: