Tuesday 2 March 2021

The Last Few Weeks and 5 Forgotten Titles.

 My biblionautic chums and friends the last few weeks have not been easy. I have to be honest, I lost direction... More than that I lost my MoJo.

Like so many of us the last year has been a strange journey for me. As it turns out I had used up all my stored energy, I was flat. However one has to work through these things. In may ways I am lucky.

So, to the last few weeks. Three projects have been on th e bench. One is a two book commission, more of that in a future post, another is a super commission... again more about that in yet another future post and the current series of artists' books I am working on.

Forgotten Titles. 5 miniature books of 6 spreads each. The first stage of the art work being collage has taken some two weeks on and off. However with that aspect completed  I was able to launch myself into the next stage ... adding colour. Inspired by Paper Peep Shows and the like I will be hand colouring/tinting elements to unify and add depth to the individual images. I know that in some printing circles that hand colouring is frowned upon but I like it. The happenchance does lend so much more I feel.
A total of 30 spreads! Hand coloured with brush and ink with a splash or many with the old spray cans. Great fun.

Inspiration comes in many guises, from words of encouragment to drawing from the past... in the case of the five miniatures Paper Peep Shows.V and A Paper Peep Shows and other stuff.
5 miniature books. Each unique, hand coloured, hand collaged etc etc. I am working on all 5 books from the one sheet of paper, the spreads will be cut from said sheet of paper.
 
Each spread is currently 3" x 4" (when flat). These will be trimmed down during the making to comply with the 3" rule for the completed books. 6 spreads per book. Materials... Ink, paper...so far.
 
Please note there are other sizes of books, methods of making/producing image and text along with ways of doing things and opinions..... spelling and grammar. Please further note, the opinion of the author may change at any moment. This is due to having an open mind of sorts.
 







 
 
 

No comments: