Wednesday 31 August 2022

Westdean College, Seven Magnificent Books.

 

My biblionautic chums and friends.
Some time agao I was invited to deliver a short residential course at the wonderful Westdean College in bookbinding for the complete and utter beginner.
So with an evening session on Sunday the 28th-finishing early afternoon on the 30th... 7 students, 7 multi sectional flat back case bindings with slip cases and paste papers. All very good, all worked and all the books fitted their slip case. All 7 students had no previous experience, real beginners. 7 very tired but happy students (I hope). One tired tutor.
I am not sure what the students feel, but they were great to work with. I have seen similar work produced by students with far more experience that falls way below the standard set by theMagnificent Seven as I shall always remember them as.
Please note.... there are other colleges/studios/binderies doing stuff, spelling and grammar. Please further note, the opinion of the author may change at any moment. This is due to having an open mind of sorts


No comments: